The farmhouse offers flexible, character accommodation, comprising of two main reception rooms both with character fireplaces. The ground floor also features a modern kitchen, family bathroom, conservatory and a single garage which has been used more recently as a gym.
On the first floor, the landing provides access to bedroom one, two and WC. There is a second stairway from the dining room, providing access to the second and third bedroom.
Outside, the farmhouse benefits from an enclosed garden to the rear.
There are three barns located within the yard area. The first is an open plan barn and stables attached to the house. The second is a curved traditional stone barn and workshop. The third is a modern steel portal framed barn (22.5m x 9m). In addition there is an open fronted garage/workshop.
The total area of the barns is approximately 435 square meters.
Brookfields is situated on the edge of Burton/Shurton, home of the award winning Babbling Brook Public House. The hamlets lies a short distance away from the larger village of Stogursey, which features a wide range of amenities, including a primary school and village shop. The nearby town of Bridgwater offers comprehensive facilities as well as a motorway and mainline rail links.
From Bridgwater, head west on the A39, towards Cannington passing around the village via the bypass in the direction of Stogursey. Remain on Withycombe Hill for approximately 3.5 miles until you see a no-through road other than for Hinkley Point traffic and there is a left hand turn towards Shurton. Progress through the village of Shurton, there will be signs for ‘Burton Springs Fishing and Holidays’ take the next right onto Knighton Lane, where the property will be found towards the end of the lane on the left identified by a Tamlyns For Sale Board.
Council Tax Band
Mains electricity, drainage and water. Heating oil fired boiler.
The property may be viewed at any reasonable time by prior appointment. The selling agents will be pleased to meet any interested party on site by prior arranged appointment.
Local authority is Sedgemoor District Council, they will be able to advise you on any planning issues.
Development of the site is subject to gaining necessary consents required.
Special Conditions of Sale
Tamlyns for themselves and the Vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute a contract nor any part of any contract.
2. All statements contained within these particulars as to this property are without responsibility on the part of Tamlyns or the Vendor.
3. None of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statement or representation of fact.
4. Any intending purchaser must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
5. The vendor does not make or give, and Tamlyns nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.