First impressions really do count!
According to research, potential buyers will form an opinion in the first 15 seconds, so it is important that it is a favourable one.
Some top tips!
- Carry out any minor jobs, touch up paint, replace fence panel, etc.
- Let in light
- Make sure temperature is correct, i.e. warm in winter and cooler in summer
- Keeping the garden tidy
- Wash down and paint front doors if they are looking tired
- Clean the windows
- Remove any dead plants
- Tuck any bins away in a tidy corner
- Clear out any weeds from the paths
- Replace any frayed or messy door mats
- If you have an outside light, make sure that they are working and switched on for evening viewings
- Try parking around the corner to give your potential buyer space to pull in as if they already lived there
- Tidy up abandoned flyers, post and newspapers etc. in communal hallways
- Present a useable room, i.e. keep a dining room for this purpose or dress a bedroom with a bed, etc.
- Make sure kitchens and bathrooms are sparkling
- Clean up any pet sleeping areas to avoid smells
Little things can make a big difference in creating the right impression.